* Presentation are available as recorded video sessions (see Agenda)
* 1:1 business meetings can be requested, accpeted and scheduled until 9th October
- Panel Discussions | 25 Sept. 2020 | 09:30 - 12:15 (CEST)
- Virtual Matchmaking | 25 Sept. (13:00) - 9 Oct. 2020 (17:00)
1st Financing Innovative Clean Tech virtual conference
How can public and private investors join forces with the Innovation Fund to deliver the European Green Deal?
Unlocking investments in clean technologies is at the heart of the European Green Deal and is a pivotal element in Europe’s strategy to repair economic damage from the COVID-19 crisis. The Innovation Fund with its around €10 billion of support over 2020-2030 is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for the demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies. That makes it a key tool for Europe to become the first climate-neutral bloc in the world by 2050. But it cannot deliver this endeavour alone and will need to leverage public and private sources of funding to deliver the technological revolution that Europe needs.
This virtual conference will be the first of a series of Financing Innovative Clean Tech conferences designed to raise awareness among the community of public and private financiers about the many business opportunities brought about by the Innovation Fund and to promote a dialogue with industry.
The first call of the Innovation Fund for large-scale projects opened on 3 July with a budget of €1 billion for breakthrough technologies for renewable energy, energy-intensive industries, energy storage, and carbon capture, use and storage. The Commission is working on the first call for small-scale projects to be launched in end of 2020.
By 2025 the first projects awarded funding under the Innovation Fund will need to reach financial close. This 1st Financing Innovative Clean Tech virtual conference will provide insight into how to reach this crucial step of project development.
Financiers coming from different market segments and industry will share their views on:
- What makes an innovative clean tech project attractive for financiers?
- How to balance profitability and innovativeness?
- How to structure the financing of innovative clean tech projects?
- What added value can the Innovation Fund bring to investors and project promoters?